Annex Cat Rescue is a 100% volunteer charity dedicated to addressing the plight of homeless cats in the Greater Toronto Area by:
- Humanely trapping homeless kittens and abandoned or stray adult cats for placement in our foster and adoption program;
- Feeding and providing medical care for feral cats in designated colonies;
- Curbing population growth in those colonies through trapping, spaying/neutering, and vaccinating;
- Educating the public on the compassionate treatment of homeless cats and responsible pet ownership; and
- Improving urban environments through community cooperation.
- Feature Cat: Cosette
Cosette is one very sweet and loving kitty. This shy, once-abandoned girl will easily warm your heart every day, sitting by your side and often purring as you go about your business. She is quite content, likes to head-butt, enjoys making small toys disappear, and sometimes re-discovers her tail. Cosette has hyperthyroidism, which is currently controlled with a restricted food diet that she loves and that is available at any local veterinarian. She also needs a regular blood test at the vet clinic to ensure her levels remain stable. Don’t let this deter you; Cosette is an amazing, easy-going beauty who can be shy at first but who opens up once she knows you are in for love. She has lots of love to give in return.
- Please vote for ACR in the Aviva Community Fund
The Annex Cat Rescue has entered a competition for a grant from the Aviva Community Fund — but we need your help to make this happen! We weren’t selected in the first round to go to the semi-finals, but there are two more rounds of voting where we can move on if we get enough votes and support from our lovely fans! You get 15 more opportunities to vote this round, one vote each day. The second round of voting starts on Monday October 22st and ends on November 5th.
All you need to do to support us is:
- Go to http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf14121 OR Google AVIVA + annex cat rescue
- At the top of that page either register (all you need is an email address) or sign in
- Once that’s done you can vote.
- Please bookmark the link and vote DAILY!
It’s fun to watch the votes add up, so join in!
Thank you for your support!
- The Annex Cat Rescue’s 2012 Annual General Meeting
Please join us for the 2012 Annual General Meeting. Share in last year’s successes. Help us plan for the year ahead. Meet your fellow supporters. Ask questions. Enjoy some refreshments and good company.
344 Bloor Street West (at Bloor and Spadina)
Thursday, June 28th, 2012 6-8pm (doors open at 5:30pm)
Spread your Passion!
Feel free to bring a friend, or anyone interested in joining ACR. As a non-profit organization, ACR is always in need of new, dedicated volunteers and supporters.
A quick reminder about Memberships
Thank you to those who have already renewed their memberships. If you haven’t already, please update your membership so that you can vote for new board members. If you would like to renew your Membership at the AGM, please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
We hope we’ll see you there!
Annex Cat Rescue Board of Directors
Chair – Karen Wigg, 2nd year of 1st term
Vice-Chair – Sara Slater, 2nd year of 2nd term
Treasurer – Yvonne Elsdon, 2nd year of 1st term
Member at Large – Jonathan Dick, 1st year of 1st term
Member at Large – Ilona Naujokaitis-Lewis, 1st year of 1st term
Member at Large – Caroline Hicks, appointed to fill a vacancy