There are lots of ways to help ACR even if your life is crazy busy and money’s tight.
Super Easy Quick Aways to Help – 5 minutes or less
- Tell people you know about what we do. They might end up helping us too or knowing someone who is looking for a cat.
- Suggest that friends and family on facebook “like” our Facebook page
- When we post something interesting or adorably cute (like our cats and kittens) on facebook take a second and share it with your friends and family via your facebook feed!
- Mention to people looking for a cat that they need to check out our web page
- If you are posting a picture of a cat you have adopted from us or are fostering for us mention us – give a link to our webpage and/or facebook page. This will help us get the word out about our kitties and help us find new forever and foster homes for them.
- Do you know someone with a barn who lives within an hour or so of Toronto who might need a barn cat? Put them in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a need for barn homes for cats who need to be relocated from their current location. Not all cats are going to make house cats.
- Tweet about us! Twitter is as good as Facebook in getting the word out about what we do.
Follow us on Twitter at #annexcatrescue
- Link to this note on facebook or twitter to let others know how they can help!
- Instead of gifts ask for donations to be made in your name to Annex Cat Rescue. That way you won’t have to return it later or worry about dusting it!
Almost takes no time at all – A bit of time here and there
- Do you or a friend own a store or work in another retail outlet? Is there a vet clinic or pet shop in your neighbourhood? If so, would you consider arranging to place one of our attractive catnip-toy baskets, &/or donation boxes, on the counter? Depending on the amount of traffic, these boxes should be emptied anywhere from once a week to once a month. You will need a chequing account in order to help out in this area of ACR. Contact email@example.com if this is an area you can help us with!
- Do you have a cat? Consider fostering one of our cats – two is not much more work than one and many kitties really enjoy company. Read about fostering on our website www.annexcatrescue.ca to see if its for you. (Oh and fosterer’s without cats are always needed too but as you aren’t caring for a cat already it a bit more work than if you already have one.)
- Make some crafts and donate them to Annex Cat Rescue to sell at our events to raise funds. Spend time doing what you enjoy doing and help our cats at the same time! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Join our transportation crew. Annex Cat Rescue is always looking for Volunteers with their own vehicle to help transport supplies to special events, collect and distribute donated food, pick up and drop off cats at the vets. This position does not require a set amount of time, but as your schedule allows. If you have a vehicle, please consider becoming a Transportation Volunteer. An hour or so of your time can make a difference. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in helping out this way
- Help us out at events – Only volunteer at those events that fit into your busy schedule. Each year the Annex Cat Rescue participates in a number of special events, such as street festivals and craft shows, in order to educate people about the plight of homeless cats in the GTA, to find homes for those who are adoptable, to collect donations and to sell our own crafts in order to pay our vet bills. We’re always in search of positive, friendly people to staff our tables in shifts of about 2 hours. This is a great way to get to know us as well as to help the kitties. Check out our website page website for infomation on how to apply.
- Put up our posters in your local Pet Food Store, Vet Office, Laudromat, Grocery Store, etc. Please download our posters here.
- Have an idea of something else you can do that can help us out? Check out the rest of our website and if we haven’t thought of the idea, drop us an email to tell us your idea.