Please contact us if you are thinking of adopting a cat or kitten. Annex Cat Rescue has matched over 2000 cats and kittens with good adoptive homes since our group started.
Annex Cat Rescue cats live in real homes with our foster volunteers – not in cages – which means they receive good food and medical care and lots of personal attention. We get to know each cat, so we can help you find the best cat for you.
The adoption fee is $175 for a single cat under seven years of age. For two cats, it is $300. For cats seven and above, and/or those with special needs, the adoption fee is $80. The adoption fee covers spaying/neutering, microchipping, deworming/defleaing, being up to date on their vaccinations and a six-week trial of pet health insurance.
We are also available if you have questions or concerns as your new cat is adjusting to your home.
Here is our adoption process:
- Please leave a message at 416-410-3835 or email us at email@example.com and leave your phone number and the best time to reach you.
- One of our Adoption Team volunteers will contact you within 24 hours to find out more about the kind of cat or kitten you are looking for. We will suggest which of our cats might be the best match for you, and put you in touch with the foster home.
- You make arrangements to visit the cat in the foster home and see if you think it’s a match.
- If you fall in love on the spot (so easy with kitties!) we ask you to go home and think about it overnight, since it’s an important decision for everyone.
- We repeat this process until we make the best match.
- If it’s a match, you can bring your cat carrier (and the adoption fee — which is modest and does not cover all of our expenses) then take your cat home! We ask all adopters to sign our adoption agreement, which just sets out some basics so we all understand our roles, with the cat’s best interests first and foremost!
- A day or two later, we’ll call you to make sure all is well and provide any suggestions that might be helpful, if needed.
The Annex Cat Rescue’s motto is “Cat Adoption with a Difference.” If the adoption does not work out (a rare occurrence, in part due to our excellent “match-making”!), whatever the reason, the cat will always be welcomed back to our organization. We want the best for our kitties!
Please contact us today!