Annex Cat Rescue receives no funding and relies exclusively on donations to maintain our services.
2017 will mark Annex Cat Rescue’s 20th anniversary, which is an amazing accomplishment for a charity that began as a few neighbours getting together to help some homeless cats. This success is due to all the many committed volunteers that we have working with us as well as the generosity of our supporters.
This year we face extraordinary challenges as we are helping more street cats than ever before. And many of those cats come to us needing the usual spay/neuter and vaccinations but also expensive medical procedures such as dental work, diagnostic tests, or medications for diabetes and hypothyroidism. We have 14 feral cat colonies under our care and work closely with our neighbours to trap-neuter-return or take in other tameable cats as we can.
Please consider making a donation – any amount helps!
Credit & Cash Donations
Make a secure online donation with your credit card, Paypal or via Interac. Visit Canada Helps.org to contribute and receive an E-receipt for your gift.
Look for our donation boxes at your local pet food stores and vets or mail us a donation.
If your employer is a participant of “gifts by payroll deduction” with the United Way, you may be able to direct a portion of your donation to the Annex Cat Rescue.
Check the back of the first page (the United Way copy) of the United Way donation forms (likely available from your employer). On the bottom half of this page, there should be a section called Other Giving Options where there is a checkbox for “To Another Registered Charity”. Fill in the amount you wish to donate.
You will also need to fill in the following information:
Full Name of Charity: The Annex Cat Rescue
Address: P.O. Box 19028, 360A Bloor Street West
Postal Code: M5S 3C9
Charitable Business Number: 871653945 RR0001
Your donation will be automatically deducted off of your pay through the year. Donations through this program are usually recorded on your T4 slip, or the United Way will issue a tax receipt to you at year-end.
United Way will collect your contribution on behalf of Annex Cat Rescue and remit the funds (minus an administration charge) to us on a quarterly basis.
Please note that the Annex Cat Rescue is not affiliated with the United Way and cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. For more information about this program, please talk to your employer or contact the United Way.
Gifts of Securities
One of the most cost-effective ways to support Annex Cat Rescue is through a gift of publicly listed securities. Making a gift of securities is simple and offers a number of valuable benefits:
- Securities are easily handled and can even be transferred electronically
- You can donate stocks, bonds, mutual funds, bills, futures and/or warranty
- Eliminate your capital gain
- You receive a charitable tax receipt for the total value of the stock upon transfer
- If your donation exceeds the amount eligible for a tax credit in the year your gift is made, the excess credit may be carried forward up to five years
- If you leave securities to Annex Cat Rescue through your Will, your estate will receive the same tax benefits
- Visit CanadaHelps.org to make your securities gift on-line. Simply fill out the on-line form with all pertinent financial info and your details. Sign and give your financial advisor your Letter of Authorization. Once the gift has been transferred, you will receive a tax receipt from CanadaHelps.org via email and the gift will be transferred to Annex Cat Rescue.
We can always use supplies for use in our foster program and to help keep our feral cat colonies healthy. Examples include:
- Cat food — wet & dry (including prescription diets)
- Litter — clumping or regular clay
- Cat toys and treats (useful for taming feral kittens)
- Cat carriers
- Dog crates (cages)
- Canadian Tire Money
Please leave us a message and our Donations Coordinator will contact you to either arrange donation pick-up or drop-off by appointment.
Please consider donating Gift Cards for Gas, Long Distance Calling Cards, or for any store which sells Cat Food or Supplies.
Crafts or Craft Supplies
We are looking for creative people who like to donate crafts they’ve made which the Annex Cat Rescue can sell at the various events we attend for fundraising, or fabric we can use to help make crafts.
Please consider donating your Air Miles we can redeem for cat supplies. Our AIR MILES collector number is 8007 288 7808. Please quote that number to the cashier if you would like the Annex Cat Rescue to receive your reward miles.
CharityCar.ca is a vehicle donation and disposal program. Your vehicle may be recycled and disposed of in a “green” manner.
Visit Charity Car.ca to get a quote on the value of your car and find out more on how to make this a donation to the Annex Cat Rescue.